ASCO 5140 Communication Module Turns Transfer Switches into Power Information Portals
- Enables remote testing of generators and ASCO transfer switches
- Sends real-time notices of power system events and alarms to authorized users
- Provides power information to web applications and advanced monitoring systems
Situated between power sources and loads, transfer switches provide the ideal location for monitoring and controlling backup power systems.
- With Digital IO features and Ethernet connectivity, the 5140 Communication Module connects, monitors, and controls transfer switches in backup power systems.
- The module can share power data with mobile electronics, dedicated annunciators, and sophisticated power and building management systems.
- The module enables remote testing of transfer switches and generators, and sends real-time notices of power system events and alarms.
Key features of the 5140 Communication Module include:
- Four 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports allow the 5140 Communication Module to function as an Ethernet switch for increased networking versatility and access.
- Embedded Internet-accessible dashboards are viewable from mobile devices and computers.
- Dashboards display switch status, alarms, event logs, real-time power data, statistical information, and more.
- Password-protected dashboards enable remote transfer switch operation.
- Embedded password protection utilizes AES 128-bit encryption.
“ASCO CPMS and communication products bring out the full value of networked critical power information,” said ASCO Product Manager Adrian Ramkelawan. “Simple and compact, the 5140 taps into valuable power data through transfer switches. It can be ordered with new switches and is easy to add to existing equipment. Either way, it’s the easiest method for putting important information into secure real-time communications that bring powerful insights to customers.”
ASCO products are backed by technology, support, and service that are unmatched in the industry. Contact an ASCO representative to learn more.
About ASCO Power Technologies
ASCO Power Technologies has provided power reliability solutions for more than 125 years. The firm designs, manufactures, services, and supports automatic transfer switches, power control equipment, load banks, and critical power management systems. ASCO products serve mission-critical functions in data centers, healthcare facilities, telecommunication networks, commercial buildings, and industrial operations. To learn more about any of ASCO’s premium products and services, call (800) 800 ASCO (2726), email email@example.com, or visit www.ascopower.com.
T + 1 973 966 2746