These elements provide a very high watt density in a small diameter. The elements are “open wound” (require no internal ceramic core) which reduce weight and increase kW capacity within the load bank enclosure. This allows for high capacity loading, in a small lightweight package. These elements are used in a variety of portable, permanent, radiator and trailer mounted load bank applications.
ASCO 1000, 2000, 4000, 5000, 7000 and 9000 series load banks configure these elements in a helical design to provide sufficient cooling of the elements, and to allow no cool-down period after use. The requirement for slightly larger airflow to cool the high watt density elements requires the use of multi-prop fan blades. The increased props add to the acoustic levels of the equipment.
- High kW density in smaller space thus reducing the size of the load bank.
- Low weight making the smaller load banks easier to lift and move.
- No cool down period required once load test is complete.
- High watt density open wound resistors create significant thermal output.
- Multi prop fans produce high acoustic levels.
- Open Wound design requires additional ceramic insulators and stainless steel rod support.