ASCO Model 459 – Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub
A surge protected hub designed to simplify compliance with Florida Building Code (FBC) while adopting NEC wiring practices.
The ASCO Model 459 Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub is a surge protected tap box designed to simplify compliance with Florida Building Code (FBC) articles 4184.108.40.206 & 4220.127.116.11 while adopting the NEC 314.28 wiring practices. Both FBC articles require all exterior electrical circuits to be surge protected with a dedicated SPD. The ASCO device follows proven NEC wiring practices to ensure safe and secure circuit connections for the operational life of the facility.
FeaturesASCO’s Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub resolves complicated wiring and protection practices with a surge protected hub that allows installers a centralized location to terminate exterior circuits. The Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub is installed during rough-in stage populated with UL 1953 listed finger safe power distribution blocks which simplifies exterior circuit entry and exit pulls. Using UL 1953 power distribution blocks avoids possible inspection violations since they are designed to run continuous current for life of the system.
Each Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub comes configured to surge protect three or six 1, or 2-pole circuits with max operating current of 35A. Also, since exterior circuits will primarily see line-to-ground surges, the SPDs deployed within our Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub come standard with Line-to-Ground protection. Optional Ground-to-Neutral protection is available to protect circuits utilizing a neutral conductor.
Our Exterior Circuit Surge Protection Hub makes it easy to confirm protection is intact. Each SPD is equipped with a bright LED for easy protection verification.
- Pre-populated with UL 1449 SPDs
- Pre-populated with UL 1953 Listed Power Distribution Blocks
- 200kA of protection per mode for 1-pole circuits, or 100kA of protection for 2-pole circuits
- Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) of 100kA
- NEMA 4X enclosure
- Each SPD is equipped with a bright LED for easy protection verification
- Line-to-Ground Primary Protection
- Shipped fully assembled for up to 6 SPDs of dedicated circuit protection
- Field-replaceable SPDs
- Indoor or Outdoor applications
- 10 year warranty
- Banking, Financial and Insurance
- Construction and Engineering
- Data Center/Colocation/Hosting