The elements are “open wound” (require no internal ceramic core) which reduce weight and increase kW capacity within the load bank enclosure. This allows for high-capacity loading, in a small lightweight package. These elements are used in a variety of portable, permanent, radiator and trailer mounted load bank applications.
ASCO 1000, 2000, 4000, 5000, 7000 and 9000 series load banks configure these elements in a helical design to provide sufficient cooling of the elements, and to allow no cool-down period after use. The requirement for slightly larger airflow to cool the high watt density elements requires the use of multi-prop fan blades. The increased props add to the acoustic levels of the equipment.
- High kW density in smaller space thus reducing the size of the load bank.
- Low weight making the smaller load banks easier to lift and move.
- No cool down period required once load test is complete.
- High watt density open wound resistors create significant thermal output.
- Multi prop fans produce high acoustic levels.
- Open Wound design requires additional ceramic insulators and stainless steel rod support.